French Onion “Off The Road Trip” Dip
A perfect appetizer paired with potato skin dippers, Fresh Cravings French Onion “Off The Road Trip” Dip is a creamy dip, fit only for the most fun-loving and wild snackers! Try warm or room temperature for a fun-filled flavor experience.
- 1 tub Fresh Cravings French Onion Cashew Dip
- 1 tsp of fresh finely-chopped chives
- For extra spice: 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Stir in cayenne pepper, top with finely chopped chives & serve with potato skin dippers.
- 5 lbs of Russet potatoes, small to medium sized
- Olive oil
- ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thoroughly scrub, rinse and dry potatoes in warm water.
- With a fork, carefully poke holes in each potato, roughly 4-5 times on each side. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle salt and place on baking sheet. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender enough to cut. Allow to cool before slicing.
- Slice each potato in half, and with a small spoon scoop out a small portion of the center, leaving about ¼ inch of potato on all sides.
- Place the halved potatoes on a baking sheet with the scooped out portion facing up, brush lightly with olive oil, sprinkle salt to taste.
- Place the skins back in the oven on broil for 1-3 minutes. Flip the skins and broil for 2 more minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle each skin with shredded gruyere cheese. Allow to cool before serving.