Green Goddess Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Get your green on! Try our Green Goddess Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Green Onion Cashew Relish for a simple and delicious weeknight meal or low-carb alternative to taco night!
Lettuce Wrap Ingredients
- 1 container (8-ounces) Fresh Cravings Zesty Ranch Cashew Dip
- 1 large green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or fresh dill (or combination of both)
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil, patted dry
- finely grated lime zest of 1 lime (1 teaspoon)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Vegan/Vegetarian Option: firm tofu pressed and patted dry)
- Juice of 1 fresh lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 Tablespoons neutral oil (Canola, Vegetable, Grapeseed, etc.)
Green Onion Cashew Relish Ingredients
- 1/2 cup whole unsalted cashews, toasted* and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- Kosher salt
- To make the green goodness dressing: Combine Fresh Cravings Zesty Ranch Cashew Dip, basil, green onion, chives, anchovy, lime zest, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer half of the green goddess dressing to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Put the chicken in a gallon-sized seal-top bag, scrape in the remaining dressing. Press out as much air as possible from the bag and seal tightly. Massage the chicken into the marinade making sure that each piece is completely covered. Place the bag on a baking sheet or in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to 24 hours (the longer it marinates, the better the flavor).
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, place on a plate or baking sheet and using paper towels, blot excess marinade off both sides of each breast. Season both sides with salt.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the chicken to the pan, top-side down. Cook until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 5 minutes. Turn the breasts over and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Lay the lettuce leaves out on a flat surface. Dice the chicken into about 1 inch pieces. Drizzle with reserved marinade from refrigerator over the lettuce leaves and top with each with the cooked chicken. Drizzle with a bit more of the dressing and serve with cashew relish sprinkled on top for a garnish.
- To make the relish: Combine the cashews, green onion and salt in a bowl just before serving.
*To toast cashew. Put the cashews in a small sauté pan over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly golden brown and fragrant, about 8 minutes.