Fresh Cravings Plant Based Queso Shrimp Orzo
A crowd pleasing plant-based queso shrimp recipe that’s easy to make, rich, creamy and full of flavor. Orzo cooked in Fresh Cravings Kickin’ Queso Cashew dip and then topped with shrimps, fresh tomatoes and onion.
- 1 pound Medium Raw Shrimp, peeled tails on deveined
- 1 packet Uncooked Orzo Pasta (roughly 2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 8oz tub Fresh Cravings Kickin’ Queso Cashew Dip
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimps, season with salt, pepper, paprika, and cook for 23 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook the shrimps.
- Remove the shrimps and set aside. Then, add the other tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add in orzo and toast until lightly brown for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add the minced garlic. Cook for another 2-3 more minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Lower heat.
- In a medium bowl, add the chicken stock along with the Fresh Cravings Kickin’ Queso Cashew Dip. Whisk until combined. Pour over the orzo. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for another 5-7 minutes until orzo is tender to the bite.
- Once the orzo is cooked, add the reserved cooked shrimp over the orzo. Cover for a few minutes on low so the shrimps heat through and becomes warm.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes and green onions.
- Optional toppings: sliced jalapeno, Parmesan cheese, parsley, cilantro.