Spicy Creamed Kale
Creamy and dreamy! This Spicy Creamed Kale recipe is the perfect potluck side or fall dinner recipe and ready in under an hour.
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (Canola, Vegetable, Grapeseed, etc.)
- 1 container (8-ounces) Fresh Cravings Spicy Garlic Almond Dip (or Fresh Cravings Creamy Garlic Almond Dip for a less spicy alternative)
- 1 small red onion or 1 large shallot, finely diced
- Pinch of red chili flakes, optional for an extra bit of heat
- 2 bunches of kale (about 2lbs), stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup prepared crispy onions (store bought) for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large high sided sauté pan over high heat. Add the diced red onion or diced shallot and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the optional chili flakes and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add half the kale, stirring occasionally until it begins to wilt. Add the remaining kale, 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and cook. Stir occasionally until all of the kale begins to wilt. Cover the pan and cook for about 15 minutes until the leaves are tender, lifting the lid to stir a few times.
- Remove the lid, stir in Fresh Cravings Spicy Garlic Almond Dip. Mix to combine. Cook, with the lid off, until the mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, top with crispy onions and serve.