Ultimate Veggie Nachos
These colorful, clean, veggie-packed nachos will please any crowd for your next gameday get-together.
- 1 (3-count) pkg multicolored organic bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 (15-oz) cans BPA-free black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-oz) container fresh salsa
- 2 (9-oz) pkg multigrain tortilla chips (or use whole-grain corn tortilla chips)
- 1 (8-oz) block Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sauté peppers and onion in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender; stir in chili powder, cumin, beans, and salsa.
- Arrange chips on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; top with pepper mixture and cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted; top with lettuce just before serving.