Carne Asada Fries
These cheesy fries piled high with classic carne asada steak make a hearty, mouth-watering snack or meal.
- 32 oz. bag frozen French fries
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 lb. flank steak
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Carne Asada Marinade:
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. Fresh Cravings Chunky Style Salsa, drained
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In large bowl combine vegetable oil, Kosher salt, garlic powder and paprika.
- Add frozen French Fries and toss to coat.
- Lay out on greased sheet pan and bake for 35 minutes, until crisp.
- In a bowl combine Kosher salt, black pepper, chili powder, garlic, orange juice and lime juice. Pour into gallon size zipper bag and add flank steak.
- Marinate for 1 hour, flip every 15 minutes.
- Remove flank steak and discard marinade.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetable oil and flank steak.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side for a medium cooked steak.
- Remove from pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Dice steak.
- In a cast iron skillet layer cooked French fries, cheese and diced flank steak and bake until cheese is melted about 4 minutes.
- Top with Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa.