Black Bean Zucchini Taco Boats
If you need a twist on taco night, Black Bean Zucchini Taco Boats made with our new Fresh Cravings Kickin’ Queso Style Cashew dip is the party your mouth deserves.
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 (14 ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 container (8 ounces) Fresh Cravings Kickin’ Queso Style Cashew Dip
- Finely grated lime zest
- Juice of one fresh lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup grated cotija cheese (can use Parmesan, romano or vegan Parmesan)
- 10 ounces Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style or Chunky Salsa
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Trim the edges of each zucchini, half each lengthwise and place on a cutting board. Cut a rectangle into the flesh ¾ of the way through, using a small paring knife, leaving 1/4 inch boarder. Using a small spoon, gently scoop out the flesh. Transfer the flesh to a bowl, save for later.
- Brush the skin side lightly with the oil and place skin-side down in a baking dish or on a baking sheet. Brush the flesh side lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven until the flesh is lightly golden brown and the zucchini is tender when pierced with a fork or paring knife, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- While the zucchini boats are roasting, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick pan over high heat until it begins to shimmer. Dice or coarsely chop the zucchini scooped out flesh and add it along with the onion to the pan and cook until softened and lightly golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the zucchini and onion mixture is cooking, transfer the black beans to a bowl and using the back of a fork or a potato masher, coarsely mash the beans. Add to the zucchini mixture. Stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Fresh Cravings Kickin’ Queso Style Dip and gently fold into the zucchini, onion, and bean mixture using a rubber spatula to combine. Cook until slightly thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini mixture from the heat. Stir in lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Spoon the zucchini and bean mixture into the roasted zucchini boats. Sprinkle the tops evenly with cheese and put under the broiler until golden brown, about 1 – 4 minutes depending on your broiler. Serve topped with Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style or Chunky Salsa and garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.