Dips & Sips: Cheddar Cornbread Waffles with Honey Jalapeno Hummus
Brunch is the one meal where sweet and savory dishes share the table–and this recipe combines a little bit of each!
Credit: Sarah Tracey
- 8.5 oz box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- ⅔ c. Milk
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 container Fresh Cravings Honey Jalapeno Hummus
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 fresno chiles, chopped
- 1 c. fresh cilantro (or parsley), chopped
- Honey or Mike’s Hot Honey (measure with your heart)
- Wine Pairing: Off-Dry Riesling
- Place corn muffin mix in a large mixing bowl (Jiffy is the classic, but Bob’s Red Mill, King Arthur, and Stonewall Kitchen all have cornbread mixes).
- Add milk, melted butter, and egg. Stir until combined.
- >Mix in shredded cheddar cheese.
- Ladle into your waffle iron and cook! Repeat until you run out of batter
- Top waffles with a scoop of Fresh Cravings Honey Jalapeno Hummus.
- Garnish with lime zest, chopped fresno chile, and chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle with hot honey and serve!