This delicious Pizza Pinwheels recipe from Chef George Duran is perfect for all the pizza lovers out there, made with Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa.
Recipe by: George Duran
- 1 pizza dough or crescent dough
- 3/4 C. Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa, plus more for serving
- 1.5 C. Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 C. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- Pizza toppings of your choice, like pepperoni, sausage or mushrooms
- Flour for dusting
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pizza dough into a rectangle. Spread Fresh Cravings Salsa throughout dough and top with cheeses, seasoning and toppings of your choice. Do not over fill as it could make it difficult to roll.
- Use flour to make sure your dough doesn’t stick to your working surface. Roll dough into a long tube tightly and pinching seams. Use a sharp knife to carefully cut into pinwheels, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick pinwheels and place them flat on your baking sheet. You may need to shape them rounder once placed on your sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before garnishing with parsley and serving with more Fresh Craving Salsa.
Makes about 15-20 pinwheels