Whether its for Taco Tuesday or every day lunch, this taco bowl is the perfect better-for-you meal!
Recipe by Emeals
- ¾ cup instant brown rice
- 1 (10-oz) pkg frozen seasoning blend
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (1-oz) envelope low-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup canned low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup Fresh Cravings Salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook seasoning blend in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in taco seasoning; cook 30 seconds. Add beans and rice, and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with salsa, avocado, and, if desired, cilantro.