Healthy Mexican food is achievable with this fresh and easy taco salad.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 heads romaine lettuce – roughly chopped
- 1 c. loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 – 15oz. can black beans – rinsed and drained
- 6 oz. frozen Mexican-style corn – thawed
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes – halved
- 2 medium ripe avocados – cubed
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1/4 c. green onions – thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa – Medium
- 1/2 c. Sour Cream
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium high. Add the turkey, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Break up the meat and stir with a spoon until it is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Fresh Cravings salsa and sour cream to make the dressing.
- Place the romaine and cilantro leaves in a large serving bowl. Top with 1/2 cup of the dressing. On the romaine make individual piles of turkey, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and green onions. Before serving, toss lightly to combine. Serve immediately with remaining dressing.