Avocado & Veggie Quesadillas
Eat your vegetables the delicious way—layered between a tortilla, cheese, avocado, and Fresh Cravings Salsa!
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup black beans
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 ripe large avocados (or 3 small)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 (9 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cooking spray or oil for pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper (or aluminum foil lightly sprayed with oil).
- Spray oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute about 2 minutes, add ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/2 cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa, mix well and simmer on medium for about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up close together.
- Fill each with cooked ground turkey mixture, then top with shredded cheese and jalapeno slices, if using.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with black olives, salsa, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve immediately.