Roasted Bell Pepper Bites
Serve as an appetizer or make a meal out of these delicious baby peppers loaded with ground turkey, cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa, plus another ½ cup for topping
- 21 mini rainbow peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thin (optional)
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper (or aluminum foil lightly sprayed with oil).
- Spray oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute about 2 minutes, add ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/2 cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa, mix well and simmer on medium for about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up close together.
- Fill each with cooked ground turkey mixture, then top with shredded cheese and jalapeno slices, if using.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with black olives, salsa, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve immediately.