Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
This healthy and flavorful salsa chicken recipe practically cooks itself, and the end result is a perfect filling for chicken tacos.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs total)
- 3 cups Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Optional: fresh lime wedges for serving
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with salsa. Toss until the chicken is covered.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours), or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and toss with the remaining salsa and juices until well-mixed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. (This chicken also freezes well.)