Blazin’ Campfire Chili
It’s that time of year when everything gets a bit…Chili. Fresh Cravings Blazin’ Campfire Chili is the perfect chili recipe, made even hotter. So grab a mug, some cornbread and a seat at the campfire for a dinner recipe fit for the greatest of outdoors!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 container Fresh Cravings Salsa, Restaurant Style Medium
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz can black beans
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Sour cream, cheese, cilantro & jalapeno for garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro and jalapeno.