Cast-Iron Mexican Chicken
This easy cast iron chicken recipe is family friendly and the perfect weeknight dinner!
Recipe by Emeals
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 (16-oz) of Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 (15.5-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup shredded pepper-Jack cheese, shredded (or use Cheddar)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Sprinkle chicken with cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook chicken in hot oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes per side or until almost done.
- Surround chicken with salsa and beans; sprinkle cheese over chicken.
- Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts and chicken is done. Sprinkle with cilantro, and squeeze with lime juice before serving.