Chicken Jalapeño Poppers
Pop one of these cheesy, savory bites of happiness and your taste buds will thank you. Your guests will too!
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast shredded (about 1 of shredded chicken total)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa (mild)
- 10 large jalapenos halved + seeds removed
- 1/2 cup tortilla chip crumbs (yellow corn, ground in food processor or finely crushed)
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cojita or feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa. Stir in the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the tortilla chip crumbs and half of the bacon.
- Spoon the filling into each jalapeño cavity. Then top each jalapeño with a spoonful of the chip crumbs and bacon topping. Place on prepared baking sheet, filling side up. Bake until the filling is melty and the crumbs are golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with bacon, cojita cheese, green onions, and drizzle with more salsa if desired. Serve immediately.