Mexican Beef and Cornbread Casserole
Fresh Cravings Salsa is the perfect topping for this warm casserole recipe.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 (1-oz) envelope taco seasoning mix
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14.75-oz) can creamed corn
- 1 (8-oz) carton sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-oz) pkg shredded Cheddar cheese
- Fresh Cravings Salsa for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly. Drain, and return to skillet. Add seasoning mix and water; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Stir together cornmeal mix, eggs, creamed corn, sour cream, and oil in a bowl until blended. Pour half of cornbread mixture into a greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Sprinkle meat mixture evenly over batter. Sprinkle with cheese; spoon remaining batter over meat mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until center is set.