All aboard! This Eggplant Boat recipe will have everyone ready to set sail and dive into a flavorful and tasty meal.
- 6 Tbsp Fresh Cravings Pico de Gallo
- 2 Eggplants
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Quinoa
- 2 Bell Peppers (red and green)
- 1 Chopped Zucchini
- 1 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- ½ Tbsp Garlic
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the eggplants in half lengthwise and carve into the eggplant flesh, scooping it out and leaving each half hallow.
- Place the eggplant halves on a baking sheet facing up and brush with olive oil.
- Bake eggplant for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and lightly tender.
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir chopped eggplant flesh, Pico de Gallo Salsa, diced peppers, diced zucchini, chopped garlic, and cilantro for about 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in quinoa and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often until mixture is warmed through.
- Remove cooked eggplant halves, place on serving plate, and fill with the quinoa, vegetable, and herb mixture.
- Top with Fresh Cravings Pico de Gallo Salsa!