Fiesta Brunch Quiche
This southwestern quiche with Fresh Cravings Salsa will take your next brunch get-together to the next level.
- 1 15 oz package refrigerated pie crusts
- 9 oz roll of chorizo – cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup each of diced red, yellow and orange bell pepper
- ½ cup each diced green zucchini and yellow squash
- ¼ cup diced white onion
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ½ cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Salsa – medium, drained
- Garnish with sour cream, FC salsa, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado
- Unfold and stack 2 pie crusts; gently roll or press crusts together. Fit pie crusts into a 9-inch greased pie plate fold edges under, and crimp. Line pie shell with parchment, fill with pie weights or dried beans and bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium high.
- Add all peppers, squashes, onion and cumin. Sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside.Combine cheeses and set aside.
- Stir together eggs, half and half, flour and salsa. Add vegetable mixture.
- Line baked pie shell with chorizo, ½ of egg vegetable mixture, and ½ of cheeses. Repeat with egg and cheese mixtures.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until set. Cover crust edges with foil if necessary.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving and garnish.