Heart Healthy Lunch – Middle Eastern Chicken Pitas
Deliciously seasoned chicken on a pita with Fresh Cravings Roasted Red pepper Hummus!
Recipe by Emeals
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp Za’atar seasoning
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 4 flax, oat bran, and whole wheat pita bread rounds, split (see Note)
- ½ cup Fresh Cravings Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1⅓ cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Toss chicken with seasoning. Cook chicken in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until done.
- Warm pita bread according to package directions. Serve chicken in a warm pita with hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.