Plant Based – Southwest Vegetable Casserole
Made with a variety of veggies, delicious Southwest flavor, and Fresh Cravings Salsa!
Recipe by Emeals
- 2 (3.5-oz) pouches boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1 (12-oz) pkg frozen corn kernels
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (15-oz) cans low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Fresh Cravings Salsa
- ½ (8-oz) block cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ (8-oz) block Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (2.25-oz) can sliced black olives
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook corn, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Stir in rice, beans, salsa, cream cheese, chili powder, and cumin.
- Transfer mixture to an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Cheddar. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until Cheddar melts. Sprinkle with olives and green onions.