Halloween Theme: Hummus-Stuffed Mushroom ‘Eyeballs’
This recipe is great for any Halloween gathering, big or small!
Credit: Sarah Tracey
- 1 container Fresh Cravings Classic Hummus
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms, stems removed and gills scooped out
- Olive Oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar manzanilla olives stuffed with pimientos, cut in half
- 1 jar roasted red pepper strips
- Wine Pairing: Oregon Pinot Noir
- Preheat oven to 375, prepare a sheet pan with olive oil spray.
- Place mushroom caps on sheet pan, spray with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 7-8 minutes, then let mushrooms cool to room temperature.
- Fill each mushroom cap with Fresh Cravings Classic Hummus, and top with a green olive slice for the eyeball’s ‘pupil’.
- To make these extra spooky, thinly slice roasted red pepper strips and arrange around the olive slice to create the illusion of red bloodshot Zombie veins.