Here’s a new idea for pizza night—make your own Mexican version with beans, cheese, fresh veggies, and Fresh Cravings Salsa!
- 15-ounce can refried beans (you’ll use half)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 pizza crust
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper (choose your favorite color!)
- ¼ cup black olives, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tbps minced cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 1/2 can of refried beans in a small sauce pot over medium/low heat, until soft and stirrable.
- Place the pizza round on a baking pan. Spread the beans over the crust, leaving a finger-hold’s width along the edges (an offset spatula or sandwich spreader works really well here). Use a spoon to spread salsa over beans.
- Sprinkle the vegetables over the sauce evenly, followed by the cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or according to the instructions of your pizza crust).
- Top with the cilantro, and serve immediately