Dips & Sips: Naan Flatbreads with Roasted Garlic Hummus and Warm Crispy Mushrooms
A delicious, hearty recipe to enjoy in colder weather with some wine!
Credit: Sarah Tracey
- Fresh Cravings Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh herbs (parsley and dill)
- 1 Naan flatbreadWine Pairing: Red Blend
- Heat a dry 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, and add sliced mushrooms.
- Sear without moving until mushrooms start to release their liquid. Then, stir and cook until crispy (about 5 minutes).
- Add olive oil, cumin, and red pepper flakes to the mushrooms, then season with salt to taste.
- Spread Roasted Garlic Hummus on Naan Flatbread. Top with the crispy mushrooms, lemon zest, and chopped herbs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with flaky salt. Cut into 3-inch squares and serve.