Southwestern Bakes Egg Rolls
Check out this southwestern spin on an Asian classic yummy enough for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1½ lb ground beef
- 1 (1-oz) envelope taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 (8-oz) pkg shredded Colby-Jack blend cheese
- 1 (12-oz) pkg frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (16-oz) pkg refrigerated egg roll wrappers
- ½ (16-oz) bottle salsa verde
- ½ (16-oz) container refrigerated salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly; drain and return to skillet. Add seasoning mix and water; cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is very thick.
- Stir cheese and corn into beef in skillet. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Spoon about ¼ cup mixture into center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom of corner over filling, and fold sides toward center over filling. Continue to roll tightly to seal. Moisten corner of wrapper lightly with water to seal.
- Place egg rolls, seam side down, on a lightly greased wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Spray egg rolls generously with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown. Serve with salsas for dipping.