Tex Mex Breakfast Casserole
Filling, healthy, and delicious, this casserole is the best way to start your day.
- 2 cups frozen diced hash browns, thawed
- ½ lb lean turkey breakfast sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (4-oz) can diced mild green chiles
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup 1 percent low fat milk
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread hash browns in a lightly greased 9-inch baking dish.
- Crumble sausage and add onion to a large skillet; cook over medium heat until sausage is browned and crumbly; drain, if needed, and spread over hash browns. Top with chiles and ½ cup cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture over cheese in baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with ½ cup cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until center of casserole is puffed and cheese is melted.
- Cut casserole into 6 squares. Serve 4 squares; refrigerate leftovers for another meal.
- Top with Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa